plant in Barcelona
The Barcelona plant currently has a simultaneous loading capacity of up to 12 trucks, with a total capacity of 445,000 m3 and a total surface area of 128,600 m2. Montrel has developed the engineering and computer design of the new Control and Management System for automatic truck loading, adapting it to the biodiesel blending process, including design and manufacture of EEx d boxes, as well as the complete remodelling of loading bays and control room. .
As for the Huelva plant in Palos de la Frontera, a major storage expansion is underway, primarily for oils and biofuels.
It has a total storage capacity of 600,000 m3 and an area of 145,000 m2, the largest group to date, and also a new loading facility for trains.
A complete loading, electrical, instrumentation and control system has been designed at this plant for the expansion of new methyl ester storage tanks and train loading. Migration of the automatic loading system to a 32-bit platform and relational database and additive equipment for 95 petrol in bottom loading bays.
loading and control
system at the plant
For both plants, Montrel has implemented a new Automatic Loading and Plant Control System, designed in a modular way, so that each module has a specific mission and is perfectly integrated with the rest, resulting in a harmonious operation.
As they are Liquid Fuel Storage Plants, the facilities are subject to ATEX regulations.
- Data Exchange Module: provides the plant with the ability to receive orders and send loading information telematically.
- Management Module: enables data system maintenance, also preparing all the necessary documentation for transportation, as well as all the operation reports of the loading facility.
- Communications Module: manages and controls the various devices fitted to the whole unit via communication lines or network links.
- Synoptic Module: makes it possible to visualize all the necessary data to supervise proper system operation, including alarm servicing and operation warnings.
- Process Control or PLC: designed to maintain all the loading interlocks and the control of the different elements that are part of the installation.
Implemented system and
In each case, the implemented system is integrated by a SIEMENS Simatic S7 315 PLC. Given the high signal dispersion, both analogue and digital, there are up to 27 decentralized peripheral stations between the two installations, using Siemens ET200M and ET200S, depending on the signal density.
For signal integration, Profibus segments in fibre optics and copper have been combined, depending on the requirements for distance and communication speed.
In order to bring together Plant Supervision and Control in a single system, the necessary communication drivers have been developed to integrate several package units:
- Rotork motorised valve control system.
- Limitorque motorized valve control system.
- Saab Tank Monitoring System.
- Enraf Tank Monitoring System.
The in-line manufacture of biofuels has been significantly boosted by providing loading points with the capacity to blend diesel oil with various types of esters and petrol with ethanol, with variable proportions for both cases.
This very high flexibility to produce blends is also complemented by the possibility of injecting both quality and fiscal additives.