I +D + i
Montrel Integrated System for Loading Dock Automation
As part of our R + D + i projects, at Montrel we have managed to bring high innovation to the market with our Montrel Integrated System for Loading Dock Automation (SIMAC).
In addition, it is our own software for the integral automation of product loading / unloading processes (Control, SCADA, Communications, Measurement, Management, Information Exchange and Logistics): modular, configurable, personalized and adapted to the processes of our clients .
Our SIMAC, in its variants for the loading of light fuels, has managed to create record loading times of 15 minutes in tanker trucks with a capacity of 30,000 liters, which supposes an optimization of the facilities and highly increases operational safety.
This innovation is complemented by a series of benefits that our customers can enjoy:
- Consulting and technical advice .
- Custom special designs .
- Basic and detailed engineering .
- Manufacture certified in own plants .
- Installation and commissioning .
- Training, maintenance and technical support .
Activities and applications
The SIMAC that we have managed to develop in Montrel thanks to our high qualification in the R + D + i area , has an important scope of application. In other words, it can be applied to a wide catalog of activities , in which we are already working.
- Systems Technical Consulting Services , Integration, Operation and Maintenance for Industrial Processes and ICT projects, turnkey.
- Customized and flexible solutions . Global Technology Outsourcing Services.
- Integral Automation Systems for Industrial Processes (Control, SCADA, Communications, Measurement, Management, Information Exchange and Logistics) modular, configurable, personalized and adapted to the processes of our Clients, endorsed by years of work in R + D + i.
- Analysis, Design, Programming and Own Developments of avant-garde in Information Systems Engineering.
- Integrated solutions in real time at all levels of IT Latest generation industrial.
- Automated Loading Systems for petroleum products and Liquefied Gases (LPG) in vehicles, for their transport by road and rail.
- Automated Cryogenic Loading Systems for Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) in tanker trucks, for road transport.
- Networks, Communications and Networking Systems.
- Data Processing Centers .
- Remote supervision and remote maintenance of all installed systems, in any country.
- Permanent maintenance. Software update .
- Training, Assistance and Technical Support for our Clients’ staff.
- Supply, distribution and installation of computer, communication and network equipment .
SIMAC - ICOMPP
At Montrel we have developed, together with CHL, in equal parts, the SIMAC-ICOMPP system (invention patent P201530654 ). Above all, it is a system whose function is to automatically verify the unequivocal identification of each compartment of the tanks in loading and unloading operations, as well as the automatic control of purges.
For its operation, for example, the provision of a small hardware device (TAG) coupled to each compartment of the tank, which is connected and communicated through the loading arm with the equipment installed on the islets of the load centers. Additionally, the system incorporates the implementation of the electronic record and the recording of the loading result in the corresponding TAG for later reading and telematic downloading at the service station .
The SIMAC-ICOMPP, contributes an important additional improvement in the security of the process of loading and unloading of tanker trucks, avoiding potential overfills, spills and contamination of products in the tankers.
Our project was born with the fundamental objective of improving quality control and safety during the loading and unloading process of the more than 5,000 tanker trucks for the transport and distribution of petroleum products that exist in Spain, and that it is currently implanted and operating in the 33 CLH plants in Spain.
Above all, it is designed to be used in other countries , both in Europe (the legislation on the transport of dangerous goods is EU) and in the rest of the world.
SIMAC - TGD
Our R + D + i division has focused great efforts to offer innovative solutions in the Oil & Gas sector. In addition to SIMAC-ICOMPP, from Montrel we have developed SIMAC-TGD, a patent created and developed together with Cepsa, in equal parts, and which represents a novel and exclusive system that allows unattended automatic discharge of hydrocarbons, optimizing unloading schedules and improving the safety of the operation.
The purpose of SIMAC-TGD is to efficiently solve associated incidents or fuel contamination during unloading at service stations, with operational safety, avoiding theft and without environmental risk.
In conclusion, the operation of the system is useful and highly efficient .
Through its touch screen, it assists the driver during tanker unloading operations, thanks to an intelligent local control post. Thus, you can carry out the entire operation safely and without the intervention of station personnel , reducing human factor errors and direct contact between professionals and products..
In addition, the terminal included within SIMAC-TGD reinforces the security measures in the download process, thanks to the electronic and centralized control and monitoring of all stages of the process: automatic receipt of delivery notes, verification of seals or confirmation of all the necessary security actions and with the possibility of remote supervision from a control center, among others.
This system electronically secures the tanker from the loading of the product at the plant of origin until it reaches its final destination (usually a service station), from where it controls that all compartments arrive sealed. On the other hand, allows the user to control locally the status of each tank in the tank (empty, full, sealed, unsealed and failure), as well as the possible incidents produced in the transport and its subsequent storage.
In addition, the tank is monitored via GPS throughout the entire journey, and the System sends the information telematically to the control center of the carrier and in turna la compañía operadora del producto.
Our IT platform is totally modular, flexible and with high technological features , fully complying with international standards for the transport, safety and operation of products with risk of fire and / or explosion in accordance with ATEX regulations.
In the same way, the Sealing System is a clear example of efficiency, design and engineering applied to our clients' procedures, and corroborates Montrel's performance as a company capable of offering personalized services to leading clients in their In addition, it is currently in operation in Cepsa's tanker fleet , with around 250 vehicles operating in Spain and Portugal.