for automation and management
The system has been implemented in phases, in a modular and progressive way, taking into account the client's needs and service continuity in both facilities. In addition to this ambitious project, which includes all kinds of system updates and 24/7 remote maintenance, in 2019 we also implemented the diesel and petrol additive system for its plant in Gijón (Asturias).
The final goal of our systems is to implement a set of functional and operational improvements that allow an advanced Management and Control of loading operations, and that generate the highest levels of automation, quality and safety in the market for our clients.
Goals achieved with
the system configuration
In the system configuration, one of the goals, and which we believe has been achieved, is that the system has a high availability using complex replication methods both hardware and software, such as Data Base Mirroring and RAID Systems (0, 1). In addition, we have solved the optimization of the terminal's loading and management including the new Declaration of Special Hydrocarbon Taxes method using EMCS-Internal Circulation, based on web services technology.
The installed SIMAC includes the following characteristics:
- Driver identification using cards.
- Control over the maximum loading quantities in each compartment of each truck, according to ADR requirements (European Regulation on the Transport of Dangerous Goods).
- Control via TCP/IP communication for loading microcomputers.
- Setting the quantities of the additive to be injected into the different tanks of the trucks.
- Generation of reports on the loading facility’s operation.
- Treatment of fiscal additives.
- Automatic stop and start of the primary product and additive pumps.
- In-line blending.
- Control of the load’s own safety interlocks.
- Biodiesel and bioethanol production plants
- Incorporation of signals from the different Motor Control Centres of the Terminal, through Profibus in fibre optics.
- Loading control of products supplied in volume and mass.
- Analogue signal trend records..
- Traceability of the information generated in the Loading Process.